Thursday 23 April 2009

Music of my mind

It turns out I couldn't handle the hamster after all. Just as I thought it was safe to go back in the water the big hamster came and bit me to pieces and triggered a relapse. It started during the night when my hands started to heat up...and up...and up...as though someone had put thermal gloves on me then dumped in the Sahara. Worse was to come - a Bruce Springsteen song got stuck in my head ...whoaa. whoaa, whoaa I'm on fire. Now I don't mind a bit of Bruce occasionally but stuck in my head for hours while my hands spontaneously combust is too much. Illness is bad enough - repetitious songs stuck in your head is far worse. Illness can be controlled with drugs. Songs in the head can't. And it's always the annoying ones. Kylie's nah, nah, nah. nah, nah, nah-nah, nah. Get out of my head will you.


The following day and my feet had joined in. MS had cunningly attached pliers to all my toes and pressure was being exerted to all of them individually in some sort of weird toe/pliers relay...all this to the accompaniment in my head of heads, shoulders, knees and toes. Of course the lyrics gradually morph to suit your needs. Heads , shoulders, my toes hurt (my toes hurt). Round and round and round. Heads,shoulders....Suddenly I'm missing Bruce.

That evening I hobbled round the kitchen trying to cook dinner ....until Fi could take it no more. Sit down will you. You're driving me mad. It was time for Bruce - Baby I was born to run....hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment