Wednesday 1 April 2009

What's in a name?

Oh! The joy of social network sites. The fun of facebook, twitter et al for me is finding all those other people called Dave Carey...what do they do?...how well do they do it?....found a guy in Florida who combined our mutual name with a mutual career...what you don't expect is a mutual diagnosis...poor old Dave Carey...how many musicians called Dave Carey could possibly have relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis? Well, two it seems. We should start a band - we could call it MS vs Dave Carey...In fact I have now resolved to trawl the world for other potential band members of MS vs Dave Carey

If there aren't enough Dave Careys with MS I could widen the net to include other neurological illnesses...a drummer called Dave Carey with Parkinsons would be fine (if a little bit shakey)...I've found a guitarist called Dave Carey in Canada but there's no mention of illness...should I twitter him and ask if he's ill?... Hey! Should we include David Careys?

Let's imagine if MS vs Dave Carey could be a trio or even a quartet...the Guinness book of world records be interested....radio play for certain...a hit single guaranteed...we'd probably break up though, we'd get on each others nerves...what's left of them.

1 comment:

  1. This explains my confusion on Twitter with there being two Dave Carey's with MS. For a brief moment I thought you two were the same person but with different logins, until I saw where you each live. Very interesting indeed.

    Do you have space for a Lisa in that band of yours? I could do keyboards or horn. Sorry, singing is not an option. LOL.

    ReplyDelete