Sunday 7 March 2010

In the footsteps of Madonna

Finally some excitement in trial world, something to challenge the trialists of Whitechapel. I've been invited to travel to Malawi to work on a music and theatre project with a company called Nanzikambe. Can I go? This will cause some scratching of heads...there's inoculations to consider - Hep A, Hep B, Hip-Hop, Typhoid, Typhus, Typhoo...Then there's malaria tablets...and it's a Chloraquine resistant area so requires Malarone. What's more there are long haul flights in pressurised cabins leaving me in a rabies present environment. And my tetanus is out of date...How will my Rebif travel...24 hours in planes, trains and automobiles...this will get them thinking. I sent off my e-mail laying out my travel plans. Twenty minutes later there was a reassuring ping in my inbox.


No problem. Have a good trip.

So that's it then. March 28th 8pm. Heathrow Terminal 1. Kenya Airways calling at Nairobi, Harare and Lilongwe. I shall try not to come back with an orphan.

No comments:

Post a Comment