Sunday 18 April 2010

Breakthrough

Back in the drizzle of the UK and everything seems a little pale and colourless against the multi-coloured visceral thrill of Africa. My MS symptoms which caused my first outing with a walking stick have now been upgraded to a relapse by the good folks of clinical research. What's more, because I'm on drugs this is called a breakthrough relapse. The moment I learnt that I've been stuck with the Doors in my head....break on through to the other side...Now Jim Morrison never let anything break through his drugs.

Talking of breaking through, my intrepid brother has been busy breaking though the pain barrier in search of extra funds for MS. This morning he ran the Brighton marathon. If you wish to donate you can via...
www.justgiving.com/seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time
And finally this week promises to be a new kind of breakthrough for me...If Icelandic volcanic ash can be persuaded to abate and allow some flying then I shall get a kind of Phil Collins type experience. Following two shows at London's Hard Rock on Monday and Tuesday I will hot foot it across to Russia to play keyboards in a show in Moscow on Wednesday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment